Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week of Feb 25

This week, I worked on the logo assignment that we were given. For one of them, I used a wood inlay tutorial. This yields very cool results, and is incredibly simple! I saw it a few weeks ago and when we were assigned this project, I decided to use it! The tutorial for this can be found here:

I made four different versions of my logo because I had trouble deciding which was best.

While searching cool text tutorials, I came across some pretty cool retro tutorials, which I may integrate into another pice at some later date. Unfortunately, a lot of these links don't work, so I'll have to do a bit of searching to find a cached version of the pages.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Week of February 22nd

This week, we were assigned a new project, which is to create a logo, letterhead, etc. for a company. For this project, I'm following a couple of interesting text tutorials, which is exciting, because I've been wanting to do them for a long time. For the comapny, I'm using my own company, MMX Records. I'm taking this project as a great opportunity to make a new logo/letterhead for my business, which is really cool.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Week of Valentines Day

This week, I did a piece based on the word winklepicker, which besides sounding really fun, has a historical context. A winklepicker is a pointed shoe that was worn by female rock and roll artists in the 1950s. For the project, I made a poster advertising the winklepickers, and it was one of my best works. It came together in two days, and I really am proud of how quickly I made it.